2018 Annual Report
2018 was a great year for ICDL. We saw significant expansion in our DIRFloortime® Training Program and expanded the number of courses offered worldwide onsite and online. During 2018 the main areas of focus for ICDL were on growing the training program, adding additional courses, improving and developing our course curriculum, expanding services and information for families, and rebranding ICDL to represent the organizations movement from the past into the future.
- Year-over-year the DIRFloortime® Training Program grew by 34% in 2018 as compared to 2017. The cumulative growth year-over-year has resulted in a threefold total growth of the training program over the past five years.
- ICDL moved forward with rebranding all of our materials with our new logo and new color scheme.
- ICDL revamped the curriculum for our DIR 202 course and are also working on the DIR 203 course.
- While ICDL is not conducting research directly, we are please to see many of our network of experts publishing research around the world with outcomes that very much support the value of DIR and DIRFloortime.
- We continue to expand the training program to offer more courses around the world and in additional languages. For example, we are now offering courses live online in Italian and we have seen an increase in the number of courses specifically for Australia and South Korea.
- We were pleased to have Alicia Lieberman and Stephen Shore as the keynote presenters at the 22nd annual ICDL International Conference in 2018.
- In 2018, we began the work to open ICDL's Therapy Center. This will diversify the programming of the organization and help ensure the long-term health of the organization. It will also provide a much needed service and will expand how we can deliver DIRFloortime training courses.
- ICDL expanded our partnership with Affect Autism and began offering parent support sessions focused on "Supporting Floortime Families".
- Our DIR advocacy efforts have continued with some hopeful strides legislatively and with health insurance to make DIRFloortime more available to families.
To make a positive impact in people’s lives by promoting and championing a relationship-based developmental approach.
A world where individual differences are embraced and everyone achieves their fullest potential.
The DIR® model and DIRFloortime® approach.
Relationships: We value relationships because relationships fuel development.
Connections: We value the power of emotional connections because connections allow us to enter, share, and expand our world.
Respect: We value each person's unique individual differences.
Leadership: We value our leadership role in teaching the world about the power of a relationship-based developmental approach.
Results: We value results that have a lasting and empowering impact.
ICDL's total revenue in 2018 was $790,307. This represented a year-over-year increase from 2017 of 31%.
ICDL's total expenses in 2018 was $725,105.
The net profit for the year was $65,202.
Preliminary 2019 Finances
ICDL's total estimated revenue for 2019 is $1,022,830.
ICDL's total estimated expenses for 2019 is $1,037,101.
ICDL's estimated net profit for 2019 is -$14,271.
This estimated 29% year-over-year growth continues a positive trend that has continued for several years now. Also, for another year, we have been able to expand our programming while essentially maintaining a precisely balanced budget.
The 2019 annual report will be posted later in 2020 after the 2019 US IRS form 990 is finalized and formally submitted in October, 2020.
Please note, these 2019 figures are preliminary and will change once we have completed our accounting for 2019.