2014 Annual International Conference Handouts
November 09, 2014
9:15 to 10:30 a.m.
Emotions and Mood Dysregulation in Infants and Toddlers Part 1|
|10:45 am to 12:00 pm
Plenary Session: Emotions and Mood Dysregulation in Infants
and Toddlers Part 2
|1:00 to 2:30 pm
Sunday Workshop Group A
- DIR Support for Young Children, Families, Caregivers and
Teachers Exposed to High Stress Stations
- Formative and Transformative Processes in Professional Development: What
are the Critical Experiences that Engender New Ways of Thinking about
Development and Autism.
- The Success of a
Developmental Model for Autism in a Public School Setting.
3:00 to 4:30 pm||Sunday Workshop Group B|
- Developmentally Appropriate Programs: The Autism Answer to the Common Core Standards.
- When Aggression is Okay: Dealing with Negative
Affect in Pretend Play.
and Infant Mental Health: A Case Study Illustrating a
Neurodevelopmental Approach to the Treatment of Anxiety in a 9 Month Old.
November 10, 2014
9:15 to 10:30
The Stanley Greenspan Distinguished Interdisciplinary Lecture: Multilevel Meaning Making by Infants:
Understanding the multiple systems that make meaning for an infant, how
meaning is made through active engagement by the infant with the people
and world around them, and a review of the related research.
Keynote Presenter: Ed Tronick, PhD
1:15 to 3:00
ICDL Graduate School Presentations and Expert Discussant Panel
- Identifying Motor Disorders in Infancy: Review of the Current Literature and
Implications for Future Practice and Research.
- Origins of Integrated Development: The sensational,
relational journey of neurological development in infancy.
3:15 to 4:45 pm||
Monday Workshops |
- Enhancing Contextual Thinking: A Gateway for Autism Early Intervention.
- The Pharos
Project: An Attachment-Based Intervention Program for Caregivers of a Child
with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Floortime Strategies: A User's Guide to the DIR Model