|What students are saying
- I am living an academic dream from across the world. A dedicated, brilliant faculty and a comprehensive, rigorous program in the area of childhood developmental disorders. What Dr. Greenspan began, I am learning to continue. It doesn't get any better than this!
- Marion Clough, Psychology, Doha, Qatar.
- I’m still amazed that, wherever I am, as long as I have internet access, the ICDL Grad School is available for me to attend real-time classes and interact with students and professors throughout the world.
- Crystal Merrill, MSW, LCSW-C; Family, Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health, Grantsville, MD
- I love that I leave every class with so much new knowledge and expanded views of child development that I can immediately apply to my practice, even as we are moving to Alaska.
- Krystal Vermeire, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
Currently in Mechanicsville, MD but in July will be in Anchorage, AK
- My career has developed immeasurably as a result of my enrollment in the ICDL Graduate Program. My professional goals have reached fruition, as I continuously learn and grow in this program.
- Joyce Steinman- Babik, MA,,CCC., Speech Pathologist, New York, NY
- As a child development professional living in a developing country I have struggled to stay abreast of the current trends and developments in the field of infant and child mental health. The ICDL Graduate School has created a bridge to a wealth of knowledge, skills and resources that would otherwise be out of the reach of professionals like me working in the Caribbean. The depth and breath and scope of the Phd programme, and the caliber of the faculty is outstanding and will have a tremendous impact on the children and families in our region.
- Julie Sealy, MA. Early Intervention for Children and Families, St. Peters, Barbados
- I have learned so much about the diversity of our world's children from this program enhancing my work in New York City which has one of the most diverse populations on earth.
- Keith Landherr, M.A.,O.T.R./L., New York, NY
- The ICDL PhD Program has taught me how to adapt current practices to best meet the needs of the indigenous children I work with. I am now able to build on the strengths of Alaska Native families embracing rather than struggling against their unique culture.
- Melissa Dobbs, MEd, ECSE, MCEd, Wasilla, Alaska
- The best thing about the virtual classroom is that we can share experiences with colleagues from various disciplines, in different parts of the country and the world who all have the passion of working with infants, young children and their families.
- Carol Brown, M.S., Sp.Ed., Special Educator, New York City, NY
- The ICDL Graduate School has a dream-team faculty that is as passionate about the students’ work as the students themselves. Being part of the doctoral program allows me to not only learn from this outstanding faculty, but also to have the unique opportunity to engage with fellow students who offer perspectives from an amazing array of disciplines and geographical backdrops.
- Carrie Alvarado, BS, OTR, Occupational Therapy, San Antonio, Texas
- As a student who is now three years into the program, I have found that the coursework, practicums, and readings have had an enormously positive impact on my work with young children and their families. I am in a constant process of acquiring knowledge and putting into practice and this is exactly what I was looking for.
- Cindy Puccio,
M.A., LSCW, Child Development & Practice Play Therapy, New York, NY
- ICDL Doctoral students have the unique privilege to be primed by leaders in multidisciplinary practices internationally. Not only am I honored to learn from international experts in field but I am gaining a greater appreciation for the world views on Autism and related disorders.
- Tammy Willard, M.S., Special Education, Clarence, NY
- Being able to listen to lectures on my own time is so valuable. With 3 young children my available time is quite limited and unpredictable. Not needing to get a babysitter during elluminate class time is also a huge benefit as well. This program is very manageable because it is virtual. I can't imagine spending the time to travel to classes on a campus after this experience
- Amy Zier, M.S., OTR/L, Occupational Therapy, Napoli, Italy
- Whether I'm in urban Philadelphia or in rural Iowa, I know that I am still a part of a ground breaking program in infant mental health, that values children and families from all over the globe
- Amber Weyant,
M.A., Early Intervention Teacher of the Deaf/HH, Philadelphia, PA
- This program has deepened my understanding of all the beautiful depths of the different disciplines that come together to support child development. I have gained a new appreciation for the intensive research that has been focused on all facets of the developing child. This program has impacted my work in a meaningful way and I use what I have learned from my professors daily
- Monica Osgood, B.S., Director, Celebrate The Children, Andover, NJ