Call for Presentations: 2016 20th Annual International DIRFloortime® Conference
2016 20th Annual International DIRFloortime® Conference
September 23 & 24, 2016
May 31, 2016
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Orlando, Florida, USA
Click here to go back to the conference main page.
Each presentation will be eligible for up to 2 free conference registrations and one (1) $200 honorarium (see below for details).
Please review the following:
- General Information: The Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning (ICDL) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to redefining and promoting each child's development to their fullest potential. Through the genius and leadership of Dr. Stanley Greenspan, ICDL has led the interdisciplinary movement to implement a revolutionary approach to understanding and improving a child's development. This Developmental, Individual-differences, and Relationship-based approach known as DIR® has become the foundation for understanding child development and providing intervention that helps every child reach his or her fullest potential.
- Theme/Focus of Conference and Presentations: DIR® and DIRFloortime®. In particular, the conference will focus on all of the approaches, practices, and techniques that can be found "under the DIR umbrella." We encourage examples of latest research and innovative practice.
- Up to 2 presenters per session will receive free conference registration. A $200 honorarium per presentation will be offered. The honorarium is per presentation, not per presenter. The lead presenter must invoice ICDL for the honorarium within 30 days following the conference.
- The Process: Proposals must be submitted electronically and completely by May 27, 2016. Please submit proposals online or e-mail proposals to email@example.com. An ICDL committee will review the proposals and make decisions by June 30, 2016. We will provide a confirmation of receipt of your proposal within 72 hours of submission. If you do not receive confirmation, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We ask that you save a copy of your submission information in case it is needed. All submissions will receive a decision response by June 30, 2016.
- Presentation Type: 90 minute workshops.
- Registration: All presenters must be registered for the conference. Each accepted presentation will be eligible for up to two (2) free registrations for presenters only. Additional presenters are welcomed, but will need to pay the registration fee.
- Travel: All travel expenses are the responsibility of the presenter.
- Number of Presentations: Each presenter can only participate in up to two (2) presentations.
- Number of Submissions: Each presenter can submit a maximum of three (3) proposals for review.
- Audio/Visual: All meeting rooms will be equipped with a projector and a screen. Some rooms may have a laptop, but you must be prepared to have your own laptop. Any additional requirements or needs will be the responsibility of the presenter(s).
- ICDL reserves the right to select or not select any presentation at its discretion. Justification may not be provided and no appeals will be considered.
- All presenters are expected to arrive at least one hour before their scheduled presentation time.
Proposal Submission Information
- Presentation Title: A simple, but descriptive title of the presentation. (maximum 25 words)
- Brief Presentation Description: A brief description of the presentation for the program. (maximum 100 words)
- Detailed Description: A detailed description of the presentation. (maximum 700 words)
- Describe Supporting Research and/or Practice: A brief description of the research and/or practice examples that support the basis of your presentation. Citations are encouraged, but not required. (maximum 500 words)
- Learning Objectives: Each proposal must include three (3) learning objectives. “As a result of this session participants will be able to…” Learning objectives answer the question “What should participants do as a result of the presentation?” Learning objectives should serve as an indicator of what participants will learn; they cannot be vague.
- Presenter Information: The name, title, employer, address, e-mail address, phone (please include mobile phone in case we need to reach you at the conference), and a bio of no more than 200 words must be provided with the proposal.
- Presenter Disclosures: All presenters must disclose all financial or nonfinancial considerations that are relevant to the course content (e.g., affiliations with corporations with products related to the presentation). If you have no affiliations, please explicitly state this fact – we cannot assume no answer means that there is no need to disclose. We must have a written answer from you.